Finding the therapist who is the right match for you can be a difficult and time-consuming task, especially when you are facing a crisis. I
encourage you to take all the time you need to choose a therapist whose expertise, skills, and orientation are right for you.
To help you decide if I am the right
therapist for you, here is some information about me and my practice:
- I specialize in the treatment of anxiety, depression, and the aftermath of trauma
- I have a profound belief in the natural human capacity for growth, healing, and resiliency. This belief guides all of my work with
- My therapeutic style is respectful, collaborative, and direct. I provide a safe, supportive environment in which I help clients
take a good look at the beliefs and habits of mind that are causing them to go off course, and then help them to create a new roadmap to navigate their lives in healthier
- All of the interventions I use are research-based. They include, but are not limited to mindfulness techniques, body-centered
psychotherapy, trauma treatment, communication skills, cognitive-beharioral therapy, and family systems approach.
- I am a Certified Gottman Therapist and Master Teacher of the Gottman Method. With couples, I use the Gottman Method as well as EFT
(Emotion Focused Therapy)approach developed by Dr. Sue Johnson.
- I am strongly committed to receiving ongoing education in the field of Mental Health and Well-Being in order to provide my clients with
the most effective treatment possible. I adhere to the strict ethical guidelines and regulations of the American Association for Marriage for Family Therapists (AAFMT).